Monday, August 19, 2013

Accepting change

We all know that change is inevitable.  We welcome some changes and some we push away, usually afraid to make the actual change until it unfolds.

I remember Robert Evans an famous 70's film producer who changed the face of the film world said something quite profound on a relative level.  He said that "preparation meets opportunity".

I think this sentiment can be applied to anything, be it work, love, family and life in general.

We can't anticipate change.   The universe is changing at a rate we can't even begin to understand quite yet.   We can however prepare ourselves for changes that come by using meditation in our daily lives.  Meditation can be taken into our daily lives to support us even while we do ordinary mundane things or while we are actively engaged in the work place.

Today my blog is not going to focus on my own words but to share a website with you.  www.katogcholing.com.   Here I introduce my teacher of ten years, Khentrul Lodro Thaye Rinpoche.   Everything I do leads back to my core beliefs and path.   From having right livelihood and trying to be a good example to my son and supporting community at a level where it can be accepted and by showing up to support  Rinpoche's activities.   Not much in the grand scheme of things but at the very least an attempt to share something special.

Khentrul Ripoche offers himself tirelessly for the benefit of others.   His website is www.katogcholing.com
Here in Miami we host a practice group at www.katogtingzinling.com where you can check our calendar for what is coming up.

I am forever grateful and indebted to offer myself to benefit others to the best of my capacity.   It is until the very heart of understanding our own true nature  we embrace change at every moment and prepare our minds to the best of ability by taking up that which is of benefit and putting down that which causes harm.

Even on a daily level we can do something nice for another.   Perhaps we can create more generosity by preparing a small token of our love.

There maybe someone you know who has not been given anything for the longest time.   We can pick a flower, make some cookies or just offer a nice neck rub.  Have the most beautiful day and may all find true contentment and happiness!




1 comment:

  1. What a gift! To think in this life I have been able to experience such authentic spiritual friend and teacher.

    ReplyDelete

+#hayesCloud™ | #TRSN™